- Published: 01 July 2013
Club Role Definition – Website Administrator
The Website Administrator manages the club website.
- Manage the hosting of the club website.
- Renew the club's web domain name.
- Apply software upgrades as required.
- Ensure the website is backed up.
- Develop additional features for the club website.
- Manage other club IT solutions such as Image Gallery, Dropbox, and email service providers.
- Assist other club members in creating content for the club website, and with online payments and subscriptions.
- Expert IT and website skills.
- Knowledge of good web content authoring.
- Good organisational skills.
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act.
Commitment to the Club:
The Website Administrator can carry out most of their tasks from home on a computer. The Website Administrator will need their own IT equipment. It is expected to take a couple of hours a week performing tasks necessary to administer the website.
The Club’s Commitment to You:
By accepting the role of Website Administrator, the club will commit to support you in this role, ensuring that members respect the positive contribution you are making to the club on a voluntary basis.
The club also commits to refunding any expenses necessarily incurred on behalf of the club in a timely manner.