- Published: 01 July 2013
Club Role Definition – Ride Leader
The Ride Leader is at the heart of the club's club rides, leading group rides in accordance with the club's policies.
- Lead club rides.
- Ensure that the recommendations for group sizes are not exceeded.
- Ensure child protection guidelines and club policies are adhered to.
- Ensure his / her availability for leading a number of club rides each year.
- Monitor, evaluate, and feedback on rider skills and appropriate groups for rider fitness where necessary.
- Ensure parental consent forms have been completed for club rides where required.
- Report any accidents on club rides to the Welfare Officer.
- Confident and effective communicator, with good leadership skills.
- Enthusiastic and a good motivator.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to delegate duties.
- Excellent group riding skills.
- Knowledge of child protection guidelines and club policies.
Commitment to Club:
The Ride Leaders are requested to lead a number of club rides each year in support of the club ride programme set out by the club ride captains.
You need to complete a British Cycling self-declaration form, to be held by the Welfare Officer.
The Club’s Commitment to You:
By accepting the role of Ride Leader, the club will commit to support you in this role, ensuring that members respect the positive contribution you are making to the club on a voluntary basis.
The club also commits to refunding any expenses necessarily incurred on behalf of the club in a timely manner.