- Published: 01 July 2013
Club Role Definition – Club Captain / Vice Captain
The Club Captain is responsible for the club rides, establishing a calendar of club rides catering for various abilities, ensuring that the club rides run effectively, and for addressing any issues that arise from club rides. They will work with a number of Vice Captains to achieve their duties across the various types of club rides.
The Vice Captain role is as for the Club Captain but relating to a specific section of club rides.
- Be the first point of contact for enquiries about club rides.
- Organise the programme of club rides and ensure the club rides calendar on the club website is kept up to date.
- Identify and recruit ride leaders from within the club.
- Liaise with members, vice captains, ride leaders, and the Welfare Officer.
- Confident and effective communicator.
- Good organisational / IT skills.
- Ability to delegate duties.
- Excellent group riding skills.
- Knowledge of child protection guidelines and club policies.
Commitment to the Club:
The Club Captain needs to be a regular attendee at club committee meetings, which are held five times a year, and attend the Annual General Meeting.
The Club Captain has to be willing to be contacted via the club’s website. This will enable prospective members to contact the club captain about how they can take part in club rides as an entry point to the club.
Many tasks can be carried out from home on a computer, but the club captain will also need to be a regular attendee on various club rides. The Club Captain will need their own IT equipment. It is expected to take a couple of hours a week performing tasks necessary to administer the club rides.
The Club’s Commitment to You:
By accepting the role of Club Captain, the club will commit to support you in this role, ensuring that members respect the positive contribution you are making to the club on a voluntary basis.
The club also commits to refunding any expenses necessarily incurred on behalf of the club in a timely manner.