- Published: 01 July 2013
Club Role Definition – Club Time Trial Secretary
The Club Time Trial Secretary is the organiser of the club time trial series and the club hill climb championship. They are also the administrator for compiling the club time trial championships and club time trial records.
- Act as Event Secretary for the club time trial series and hill climb championship.
- Co-ordinate volunteers for timekeeping, marshalling, and other duties relating to the events.
- Collect club time trial entry fees and account for them with the club's Treasurer.
- Ensure CTT Levies are paid in respect of the club time trials.
- Update results onto the club website.
- Administer the results for the club championships, updating the club website with the results of each championship, and providing the results to the social secretary for engraving the trophies ahead of the annual Presentation Night.
- Administer the club's time trial records and update them onto the website.
- Maintain an inventory of the club's time trial equipment, including stopwatches, race numbers, marshals jackets, and race signs.
- Encourage greater participation in club and open time trials by club members.
- Confident and effective communicator.
- Great organisational / IT skills, including Excel.
- Ability to delegate duties.
- An understanding of the duties of promoting event secretaries as laid down by Cycling Time Trials.
Commitment to the Club:
The Club Time Trial Secretary needs to attendee at club committee meetings as required to facilitate the organisation of the club time trials.
Many tasks can be carried out from home on a computer. The Club Time Trial Secretary will need their own IT equipment. It is expected to take a couple of hours a week during the summer performing tasks necessary to administer the club time trials.
The Club’s Commitment to You:
By accepting the role of Club Time Trial Secretary, the club will commit to support you in this role, ensuring that members respect the positive contribution you are making to the club on a voluntary basis.
The club also commits to refunding any expenses necessarily incurred on behalf of the club in a timely manner.