- Published: 01 July 2013
Club Role Definition – Mountain Time Trial Secretary
The Mountain Time Trial Secretary is the organiser of the club's annual Mountain Time Trial.
- Undertake all administration in respect of the Mountain Time Trial as Event Secretary.
- Co-ordinate volunteers for timekeeping, marshalling, and other duties relating to the event.
- Publicise the event to potential competitors.
- Liaise with 3rd party bodies as required (e.g. Police, Council, Cycling Time Trials etc.).
- Ensure Mountain Time Trial trophies are returned by previous winners, and engraved.
- Confident and effective communicator.
- Good organisational / IT skills.
- Ability to delegate duties.
- An understanding of the duties of promoting event secretaries as laid down by Cycling Time Trials.
Commitment to the Club:
The Mountain Time Trial Secretary needs to attend club committee meetings as required to facilitate the organisation of the Mountain Time Trial.
The Mountain Time Trial Secretary has to be willing to have their contact details on the Cycling Time Trials website and the club’s website. This will enable prospective competitors to contact the secretary about how they take part in the event.
Most tasks can be carried out from home on a computer. The Mountain Time Trial Secretary will need their own IT equipment.
The Club’s Commitment to You:
By accepting the role of Mountain Time Trial Secretary, the club will commit to support you in this role, ensuring that members respect the positive contribution you are making to the club on a voluntary basis.
The club also commits to refunding any expenses necessarily incurred on behalf of the club in a timely manner.