Search found 220 matches

by Gordon Atkinson
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:03 am
Forum: General
Topic: Police investigation-Dalton, near Ponteland
Replies: 0
Views: 37

Police investigation-Dalton, near Ponteland

Many of our members will have already heard of this report, but I thought it worth bringing to the widest attention possible as it is an area where we frequently ride.

https://web.facebook.com/northumbriapol ... 2767481309
by Gordon Atkinson
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:20 am
Topic: Lockdown leads to some different but enjoyable routes
Replies: 6
Views: 119

Re: Lockdown leads to some different but enjoyable routes

Hi Keith, sounds a good plan to go out on a ride together; I think I could cope with a bubble of two or three. I'd missed your post from Saturday until this morning, so had been out in search of the Coxlodge Waggonway yesterday afternoon. I found it, although your start seems better than what I foun...
by Gordon Atkinson
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:27 am
Topic: Covid 19-Update on Club Activities
Views: 391

Re: Covid 19-Update on Club Activities

Just a quick update. Firstly, thank you to all those who have left their names on either the Forum or F/B to lead rides. Richard, Adrian and myself are working on a plan for next Saturday. I think at this stage it will very much be 'test' rides within the guidelines. More details will follow early n...
by Gordon Atkinson
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:15 am
Topic: Lockdown leads to some different but enjoyable routes
Views: 119

Re: Lockdown leads to some different but enjoyable routes

Good to hear from you Keith. I'm surprised we haven't crossed paths in the last few weeks. I too have been exploring the Waggonways etc of North Tyneside and SE Northumberland. Would be good to look at what you have for these: Havannah and Weetslade (O) Killingworth, Backworth, Rising Sun (O) Monkse...
by Gordon Atkinson
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:17 pm

The committee had a brief virtual meeting on Monday and we discussed how we can restart club rides in the current circumstances. We would like to arrange club rides on Saturday 11 July and we are currently looking at the way this can be safely facilitated. It would be helpful if we could have a few ...
by Gordon Atkinson
Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:15 pm

Richard, myself and a few other committee members had a virtual meeting on Friday to start to discuss the way forward towards restarting some club activities. Nationally, matters are changing all the time and we heard on Saturday 20 June that the Government is reviewing the social distancing guideli...
by Gordon Atkinson
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:22 am

Covid 19-Update on Club Activities

I have discussed with the Chairman how we may be able to get club rides and other activities going again once the cycling organisations are able to provide some appropriate guidance. Neither Cycling UK nor British Cycling are advocating any activities which could be described as 'club' activity. C.U...
by Gordon Atkinson
Sat May 02, 2020 10:54 am
Topic: Half way to the 300,000 club
Replies: 7
Views: 344

Re: Half way to the 300,000 club

I've just read that adults in Spain are being allowed outside to exercise, so I imagine Hugh will be on the road.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

by Gordon Atkinson
Sat May 02, 2020 10:50 am
Topic: Half way to the 300,000 club
Replies: 7
Views: 344

Re: Half way to the 300,000 club

That's a terrific achievement Roger, well done. I've only been keeping records since 2001, and have 113,680 miles. Nothing in the past 6 weeks.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

by Gordon Atkinson
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:55 pm
Topic: Message from the Clothing Secretary
Replies: 0
Views: 81

Message from the Clothing Secretary

Apologies if it all seems to have gone a bit quiet on the new club clothing front, but I’m now able to provide an update. I’ve been busy establishing the ordering process and was about to announce arrangements for placing your first order of new club clothing. However, we are currently living in unp...