Search found 139 matches

by Nick Wild
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:42 am
Forum: Time Trials
Topic: Club 10 Thur 18th July - Help needed
Replies: 1
Views: 51

Club 10 Thur 18th July - Help needed

The club 10 goes ahead tomorrow as planned. Currently hoping the roadworks will be gone but if not we`ll be pushing the course on a few 100 meters to keep it at 10 miles as we did 4 weeks ago. I need 1 more marshal to enable the event to go ahead, otherwise someone who is hoping to ride may have to ...
by Nick Wild
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:15 pm
Topic: This Thursdays 25m club TT.
Replies: 5
Views: 189

Re: This Thursdays 25m club TT.

Hi Andy and Hugh, Currently it all depends on the presence/absence of roadworks. If there`s none we just about have enough, if there are roadworks we`ll need at least 1 more. Does anyone have any info re this? Adam is going to ride that way tomorrow so I should have a sit-rep by early pm. Also we`re...
by Nick Wild
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:58 pm
Topic: This Thursdays 25m club TT.
Replies: 5
Views: 189

This Thursdays 25m club TT.

Business as usual on Thursday but a couple of things to consider. Firstly there are lights showing on the a696 at capheaton on the council website currently. Theres no way of knowing if they will be there on the night yet, they are stated 3rd to 7th June. We will of course check before the event. Ju...
by Nick Wild
Thu May 23, 2019 5:47 pm
Topic: Club 10 Time Trial this Thursday
Replies: 7
Views: 314

Re: Club 10 Time Trial this Thursday

Nice one Adam and Ken.
6.30 would be fine.
See you then.
Nick
by Nick Wild
Tue May 21, 2019 1:53 pm
Replies: 7
Views: 314

Club 10 Time Trial this Thursday

Second event of the season. The forecast looks warm and sunny but the westerly wind predicted may make the middle section tough! Currently the roadworks map shows traffic lights at the first left side road to the new estate starting on Thursday. If this is the case we`ll have to start 300 yards up f...
by Nick Wild
Mon May 06, 2019 9:29 pm
Replies: 0
Views: 75

Club 10 Time Trial this Thursday

First club 10 of the season 9th May Ponteland. Meet and sign on in the carpark behind the shops off Meadowfield from 6pm for a 7 pm start. Route is Kirkley,Ogle,Belsay and back down the A696 to Ponteland. No roadworks are anticipated. The event is open to anyone (club member or not). Sorry its gone ...
by Nick Wild
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:56 pm
Topic: Club TTs are coming back - opportunity for everyone.
Replies: 0
Views: 73

Club TTs are coming back - opportunity for everyone.

The first Vags club TT is our 10 mile course starting in Ponteland on Thursday 9th May. Sign on from 6pm and first rider off 7.01pm. But you dont have to ride to be involved! Its much easier to marshal and anyone can do it, you just have to be there on the night and willing to support from the roads...
by Nick Wild
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:46 am
Forum: General
Topic: Thank You
Replies: 6
Views: 168

Re: Thank You

I certainly enjoyed it, although I`m not sure I`d ever want to do a longer one! This was my first Audax and i was very impressed with the organisation and especially the refreshments. Great weather too, considering the time of year. All in all a top day out.
by Nick Wild
Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:07 pm
Topic: Vags Hill Climb - This Saturday
Replies: 2
Views: 334

Vags Hill Climb - This Saturday

The annual Vags HC takes place this Saturday on the climb at Sandhoe :- https://www.strava.com/segments/16211221 We incorporate it into the Saturday rides and everyone is welcome but you dont have to ride the event to enjoy it. I will head over there with the signage and be there before 11.30. We us...
by Nick Wild
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:15 pm
Topic: Club vets 12 hour record
Replies: 3
Views: 260

Re: Club vets 12 hour record

Chapeau. Good read and well done on the record. Hasn`t tempted me though.