Search found 49 matches

by Hugh Harrison
Thu May 07, 2020 9:44 pm
Forum: General
Topic: Half way to the 300,000 club
Replies: 7
Views: 306

Re: Half way to the 300,000 club

Interesting topic and I wish that I had kept a record and indeed an annual diary. I think that as Roger said, if you start off recording at an early age it continues naturally. I have been riding for a total of about 45 years so at a minimum amount of 100 miles per week that would equate to 225000 m...
by Hugh Harrison
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:38 pm
Topic: Spanish Lockdown day 8
Replies: 5
Views: 233

Spanish Lockdown day 8

Still here in Locked down Denia with one week completed. Was one week to go but now it's a further 3 weeks(maybe). Life under lockdown takes on an inevitable regularity. Can't go anywhere apart from a supermarket which is best avoided in any case due to the the risk of infection, so everything revol...
by Hugh Harrison
Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:44 pm
Topic: Spanish Lockdown day 2
Replies: 1
Views: 72

Spanish Lockdown day 2

Well,well,well. So here I am ,not self isolated but isolated by mandate of the Government. It's officially day one but the autonomous region of Alicante decided to jump the gun by a day. This resulted in confusion and one of my friends being threatened with a 2000 euro fine for riding his bike. We c...
by Hugh Harrison
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:16 pm
Topic: New Club Kit - an opportunity to try before you buy
Replies: 7
Views: 245

Re: New Club Kit - an opportunity to try before you buy

Since a good number of us won't be able to attend the fitting ,can we assume that the sizing is standard Castelli. I'm sure that many of us already possess Castelli gear which makes re ordering simple. Perhaps this could be checked out with the supplier.
by Hugh Harrison
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:17 pm
Topic: President's badge of office
Replies: 2
Views: 171

Re: President's badge of office

Thanks everyone. I hope that the weight of the Presidential chain doesn't slow me down too much on the hills.
by Hugh Harrison
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:03 pm
Topic: New Club Jersey Badge - Survey ends 1st Dec
Replies: 6
Views: 308

Re: New Club Jersey Badge - Survey ends 1st Dec

Good point Roger I well remember the 50th Anniversary Celebration in 1987, Beryl Burton was Guest of Honour and it was extremely well attended. A couple of hundred as I recall. Certainly plenty of early members if not founding members to comment if the date was erroneous. The name Vagabonds adopted ...
by Hugh Harrison
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:49 am
Topic: Ad Caprae Caput: The Goat’s Head and some club history
Replies: 18
Views: 919

Re: Ad Caprae Caput: The Goat’s Head and some club history

Why reeks the goat on yonder hill when all it eats is chlorophyll
by Hugh Harrison
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:58 pm
Topic: Ad Caprae Caput: The Goat’s Head and some club history
Replies: 18
Views: 919

Re: Ad Caprae Caput: The Goat’s Head and some club history

Gordon comments regarding the North Shields polytechnic C and AC reminded me of winning first handicap in their open 25 in 1952 when I was 16. There was a table crammed with interesting prizes and I was awarded a shaving kit resplendent in a leather case with chromium pots and brushes and razors and...
by Hugh Harrison
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:15 pm
Topic: North Costa Blanca 2020- a proposed trip in Spring
Replies: 15
Views: 964

Re: North Costa Blanca 2020- a proposed trip in Spring

Having stayed near Denia for the past 6 years I'm well acquainted with the area and wouldn't recommend Calpe as a location. Whilst a pretty town it is isolated to the south by mountains the only access in that direction is on the very busy N332 . Also to get out of the town you have to climb. It's 8...
by Hugh Harrison
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:39 pm
Topic: Tyneside Vagabonds Cycling Club Presidency.
Replies: 3
Views: 172

Re: Tyneside Vagabonds Cycling Club Presidency.

It's a pleasure Speedy. Must check the wardrobe. See you at Christmas