Club 10 Time Trial this Thursday

What's on, who's riding, and results
Nick Wild

Club 10 Time Trial this Thursday

Post by Nick Wild » Tue May 21, 2019 1:53 pm

Second event of the season.

The forecast looks warm and sunny but the westerly wind predicted may make the middle section tough!
Currently the roadworks map shows traffic lights at the first left side road to the new estate starting on Thursday. If this is the case we`ll have to start 300 yards up from the normal start, but I dont think we`ll know for sure until the day.

I`ll put out another plea for support - there is a very small but very committed group of people I am increasingly reliant on to run these events which are appreciated by lots of riders. We had 19 people riding the first event which is good for early May and 9 were Vags, whilst people from other clubs seem to really like our course too. We don`t ask for marshals from other clubs to help with our event, which cuts us some slack in the district, so people cant complain if we arent numerically as good at marshaling for their events, but we do come close to not having sufficient to run the TT on some occasions. If this were to become a reality I`d have to call some riders off their bikes to marshal for the rest of the field which seems a shame. I`d love to see some new faces (or any old supporters) out on a Thursday and I`m sure you`d enjoy it. Have a think.

Ken Thursby

Re: Club 10 Time Trial this Thursday

Post by Ken Thursby » Thu May 23, 2019 9:50 am

Hi Nick,
I really enjoy our Club TT's... not just the racing... they are always welcoming and good criac.
I'm extremely grateful to all the volunteers who make these events happen... the marshals, time-keepers, pusher-offs, photographers, organisers... you are amazing!

If we had just an additional dozen Vags volunteer once per season, there would be enough to safely run every event.
So, I have now convinced myself :lol:

Please put me down to marshal tonight... what time do you need us there?
Cheers, Ken

Adam Hogarth

Post by Adam Hogarth » Thu May 23, 2019 12:36 pm

Hi Nick,

On the same note as ken, and the fact that I’m crocked anyway, I’ll come along to help out tonight also.

See you around 6:30

Gordon Atkinson

Post by Gordon Atkinson » Thu May 23, 2019 3:56 pm

Nick, I have the numbers from Sunday and will bring them tonight. I have stuff to take back to the farm, and then plan to put the signs up, so it may be a little after 6 before I'm at Ponteland.

Nick Wild

Post by Nick Wild » Thu May 23, 2019 5:47 pm

Nice one Adam and Ken.
6.30 would be fine.
See you then.
Nick

Alan Dick

Post by Alan Dick » Fri May 24, 2019 9:32 am

Hi Nick,

Appreciate I’m too late for yesterday’s event, which I couldn’t do much about anyway as I’m on holiday, but since I’m too slow to race it’s my intention to marshal whenever work and other commitments allow. I’ll let you know in good time before each event.

Cheers

Alan

Alan Dick

Post by Alan Dick » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:47 pm

Nick - just to let you know I'll be up to marshal tomorrow night.

Hugh Harrison

Post by Hugh Harrison » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:22 pm

Hi Nick. I am available if required.