Club 10 Thursday May 24th

What's on, who's riding, and results
Nick Wild

Club 10 Thursday May 24th

Post by Nick Wild » Sun May 20, 2018 10:24 pm

I have done my best to correct the results from last time which had Lewis Wake as a veteran woman - I`m new to publishing on this site, sorry, and I`ve recognised Matty Wells Vags record ride :clap: . Any other errors or omissions let me know.

This week`s event is another 10 with a view to the first 25 two weeks later. Currently the forecast looks good for a fast time with mild dry conditions and a favourable 10mph easterly for the long drag to the A696. Should be a PB night.

Offers of help with marshaling will be gratefully received; just reply to this post.

All welcome to ride, if you need more information see the post from 10th May`s event or just ask here.

Gordon Atkinson

Re: Club 10 Thursday May 24th

Post by Gordon Atkinson » Mon May 21, 2018 10:00 am

I can put the signs up again.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Gordon Atkinson

Post by Gordon Atkinson » Mon May 21, 2018 10:00 am

I can put the signs up again.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Martin Wells

Post by Martin Wells » Mon May 21, 2018 6:22 pm

Nick
I can help again as needed
See you there
Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roger Clarke

Post by Roger Clarke » Wed May 30, 2018 11:55 am

Some excellent rides at the club 10 last week as noted by Nick.

Regarding Adam's course record, I'm not sure anyone could be certain that the previous course record was recorded with official timekeepers either. As far as I know the district has never formally kept course records for any courses, and I would think that for most riders they would want to know they have been the quickest round the course regardless of how official the timekeepers are. So from a club perspective as the "owners" of the M105 course I think we should recognise Adam's ride as the course record. Even if we do have Sharon or another official TK at the finish you'd need an official assistant TK at the start!

I'm sure Adam will have spotted that he doesn't actually have the course KOM on Strava with his effort last week. This is held by a rider who raced the Fire Service open 10 on the course last year when the finish was recorded at the finish line for the 18 opposite Limestone Lane rather than where the 10 finishes, making a short course. Strava shows a time of 20:56 for him, so I guess that is something for Adam to aim for!

Well done to Matty and Russ for getting under 24 minutes for the first time.