any unwanted cycling tops/caps?

General discussion
Austin Wilcock

any unwanted cycling tops/caps?

Post by Austin Wilcock » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:17 pm

Ker and I are off cycling in India for a couple of weeks next month and I plan to donate my unwanted cycling tops and caps to the local cyclists in the various places on our travels. I have a little room in my luggage for a few more tops/caps so if anyone has any kit that is in good condition but no longer wanted (not too large as I'm intending to donate to kids and teenagers) I'll be happy to take them off your hands, they don't have to be Vags tops, any will do.

I'll be at the AGM on Monday 16th Oct at Ponteland Social Club 7.30pm
or you can contact me via the forum on this thread or tel me on 07904744162 if you have a top/cap to donate
:D

Alex Mason

Re: any unwanted cycling tops/caps?

Post by Alex Mason » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:31 pm

That’s a lovely idea. I’ve got one or two things you could have and hope to bring them to the agm. See you there!

Austin Wilcock

Post by Austin Wilcock » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:39 pm

cheers Alex
see you at the AGM
:D

Quentin Field-Boden

Post by Quentin Field-Boden » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:38 pm

Have a good trip Austin. I was out there in the early 90s and shot some video from a bus I was on, I recovered the material from some old Video8 tapes I kept. Being on the bus seemed dangerous enough to me, cycling should be a real blast! :shock: https://youtu.be/1Ww0w1jNrmI

Ker Morgan

Post by Ker Morgan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:04 pm

Thanks Quentin for that reassuring video of Indian roads & mad traffic! We were there in 1989 & it was an experience. I am beginning to wonder why we are heading back - but we are going on an organised & supported trip this time so fingers crossed we will survive & return to tell the tale. Ker.

Austin Wilcock

Post by Austin Wilcock » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:09 pm

Ha ha Quentin, brings back some great memories.
Don't worry I've plenty of life cover and named you the beneficiary.
I had a great bus ride in Varanasi but got a bit twitched when it caught fire at the front, I had to kick out the rear window to escape, that was one of my nine lives gone!
:lol:

Quentin Field-Boden

Post by Quentin Field-Boden » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:06 pm

Austin Wilcock wrote:Ha ha Quentin, brings back some great memories.
Don't worry I've plenty of life cover and named you the beneficiary.
I had a great bus ride in Varanasi but got a bit twitched when it caught fire at the front, I had to kick out the rear window to escape, that was one of my nine lives gone!
:lol:
Plenty worse things to have catch fire in Varanasi, it's a one way ticket for many! One of the few cities to actually celebrate death :shock:

Austin Wilcock

Post by Austin Wilcock » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:05 am

Yes Quentin, a very interesting place to contemplate life, the universe and everything.

Thanks to everyone who have already promised donations, Keith Augiers and Alex, and to those who have donated kit to me tonight at the AGM Allan Armstrong, Alan Holmes and Alan Dick. They are much appreciated and I've been told by Ker that if I accept any more I'll be over my baggage allowance so no more please.

Many thanks again

Graeme Gow

Post by Graeme Gow » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:25 pm

That looks like my daily commute through Edinburgh. The roads in India look in better condition though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk