The P.I.G. - Ride #03 - Saturday 28th May 2016

Quentin Field-Boden

The P.I.G. - Ride #03 - Saturday 28th May 2016

Post by Quentin Field-Boden » Tue May 24, 2016 6:33 pm

This ride is scheduled to take place on Saturday 28th May 2016 at 09:30. Ride details and joining information have been sent out to those who indicated on the original posting that they wished to participate in these rides. You can see the list here.

The ride will cover just under 54 miles and should take about 2 hours and 40 minutes to complete. The plan for this ride is to ride together as a cohesive group taking one minute pulls at the front.

I cannot stress enough that these are rides where we work for the group, not for ourselves!

Please remember this is a TVCC club ride and please read the original posting about these rides. In particular I'll just mention the following points from the original post again:

1. TVCC 1st claim members only.
2. Club kit mandatory.
3. Helmet mandatory.
4. Rear light advisory. The more riders that use a rear light the better as far as I am concerned, so far road users have been no problem to us and I think this is because we are seen to be organised, all wearing a team kit and have lights showing. I just think this approach makes other road users treat us with a little more care. I feel that if we all show a rear light then no matter who is at the back of the group the whole group has the benefit of a light showing.

Link to route previously circulated, this offers you the opportunity to download the file as a .tcx of .gpx file to load onto a Garmin or other device. I would advise you to do this if possible so that we all know where we are going and can get back alone should we need to though I hope this will not be necessary! There is a bail-out point at 32 miles, turning right at this RAB will take you back towards the start.

Link to current weather forecast for the area previously circulated.

Here is a link to the original post including how to join the P.I.G. should you wish to do so: viewtopic.php?p=10601#p10601

Q :ugeek:

Quentin Field-Boden

Re: The P.I.G. - Ride #03 - Saturday 28th May 2016

Post by Quentin Field-Boden » Sat May 28, 2016 9:48 pm

Well, in better weather this was another fine ride for the P.I.G.

Nine riders rolled out just after 09:30 and had soon covered the 53 mile course averaging 22mph. Nobody was dropped from the group and we all worked well together, things seemed to be improved by a more careful approach to rider ordering and we can probably still make further progress with some more tinkering.

The main thing was that everyone enjoyed the session and all seemed to get something from it. Great time lying around in the sunshine afterwards eating home made scones and drinking coffee.

I've uploaded several photos to the TVCC Gallery here: https://goo.gl/photos/Z5p3Ex8LCGWKHdAE7

Attachments
20160528PIG 068 copy.jpg
20160528PIG 068 copy.jpg (240.95 KiB) Viewed 501 times

Quentin Field-Boden

Re: The P.I.G. - Ride #03 - Saturday 28th May 2016

Post by Quentin Field-Boden » Sun May 29, 2016 10:32 am

Just uploaded a short movie trailer from yesterday's P.I.G. ride, what fun it was :-)

https://youtu.be/olq9D28TBzo