Recent Events

Richard Knight

Recent Events

Post by Richard Knight » Mon May 23, 2016 9:06 pm

Just reflecting this weekend and what has been a great week for the Vags. A fantastic MTT organised by Lesley and supported by lots seeing a double page spread in Cycling weekly. Records, be they club or course for Miriam, Craig, Adam, Henry and a 2nd Place V50 for Paul Rider plus some fantastic rides by many. Add Craig Gow getting his Cat 2 on a gruelling course in Edinburgh midweek alongside other challenges such as Daniel at the ripe of age of 12 completing the Mosstrooper then there is certainly lots going on. Oh did I mention Daniel beat me in the midweek Vag 10 mile Time Trial, even the weather was better than expected! Throw in those that raced at Stamfordham this weekend, sorry not seen the results and Matty, Joe and Henry racing at Prissic on Sunday, great 2nd place for Matty all gives some scale of the Vags reach in the region. That is before I add the youngsters results, training session with Phoenix and the club rides which are so well organised by a core group on a weekly basis, just got me thinking what a great club we have.

I am sure there is lots more to come over the summer but surely there cannot be many busier weeks in the calendar. Apologies if I have missed things out, but as was said the other week if there are results, events then it would be great to hear the news. End of my reflection and apologies if I have clogged accounts!

Richard

Alan Holmes

Re: Recent Events

Post by Alan Holmes » Mon May 23, 2016 9:15 pm

Not forgetting the large group of Vags who turn out every Monday for the Muddy Mondays competition. Last event tonight and should have the final placings in the next couple of days

Martin Wells

Post by Martin Wells » Mon May 23, 2016 9:54 pm

Just wanted to add to this that the club is being well represented in the youth U10 racing with Monty Ribgy and Harry Ryder ensuring at least one vagabond on the podium with Harry following Monty's podium a couple of weeks ago with 2 of his own. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done to everyone who's been pulling on their vags jerseys.

Richard Knight

Post by Richard Knight » Mon May 23, 2016 10:26 pm

And I'm sure there is more! Just great to hear what's going on.

Roger Clarke

Post by Roger Clarke » Tue May 24, 2016 7:40 pm

Very well said Richard, there can't be another club in the North East who do so much cycling across such a broad range of cycling activities - and achieve excellent levels of success whether participating or organising. In particular I hope that those involved with running the MTT in any way feel some pride that our event really is considered to be one of the top time trials in the country, as evidenced by the interest that cycling weekly have demonstrated, and that their efforts are worthwhile and noticed.

Let's not forget that Aidan and others organised and ran the Mosstrooper on behalf of the club as well. And I also believe that another Vagabond put in the fastest time recorded in a sportive over the weekend... not that a sportive is a race of course ;-)

Alex Mason

Post by Alex Mason » Wed May 25, 2016 11:19 am

And on top of all that marvellous news from the racers, the Vagabonds also have just the greatest bunch of women, across all ages, who love to ride out on a Sunday morning together for a bit of a challenge and a lot of...c...er, chat - haha to those who assumed that was going to be 'cake'!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk