The P.I.G. - Ride #02 - 21st May 2016

Quentin Field-Boden

The P.I.G. - Ride #02 - 21st May 2016

Post by Quentin Field-Boden » Mon May 09, 2016 9:50 pm

This ride is scheduled to take place on Saturday 21st May 2016. Ride details and joining information have been sent out to those who indicated on the original posting that they wished to participate in these rides.

The ride will cover just over 56 miles and should take about 2 hours and 50 minutes to complete. The plan for this ride is to ride together as a cohesive group taking one minute pulls at the front.

In future rides, depending on numbers, we may well split into smaller groups. I cannot stress enough that these are rides where we work for the group, not for ourselves!

Please remember this is a TVCC club ride and please read the original posting about these rides. In particular I'll just mention the following points from the original post again:

1. TVCC 1st claim members only.
2. Club kit mandatory.
3. Helmet mandatory.
4. Rear light advisory.

Link to route previously circulated, this offers you the opportunity to download the file as a .tcx of .gpx file to load onto a Garmin or other device. I would advise you to do this if possible so that we all know where we are going and can get back alone should we need to though I hope this will not be necessary! There is a bail-out point at 28.6 miles, turning right at this RAB will take you back towards the start.

Link to current weather forecast for the area previously circulated.

Here is a link to the original post including how to join the P.I.G. should you wish to do so: http://www.tynevags.org.uk/forum/viewto ... 601#p10601

Q :ugeek:

Graeme Gow

Re: The P.I.G. - Ride #02 - 21st May 2016

Post by Graeme Gow » Tue May 10, 2016 8:40 am

We have the Scottish RR championships on the 22nd assuming Craig gets a place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quentin Field-Boden

Post by Quentin Field-Boden » Sun May 22, 2016 12:58 pm

Another excellent ride in challenging and windy conditions. We will have different data but I returned an average speed of 20.5mph for the 56 miles which I was really pleased with in spite of running out of legs late on. :shock: Note to self - need to train more.

I think we would all agree that in terms of pacing we can make considerable improvements and I'd like to experiment with different ordering of the line to see how some different combinations work if everyone is agreeable.

All in all a great training ride and I'd like to thank everyone that came for supporting the group, I'm "enjoying" it!

Any more takers?
2016PIG02 002 copy.jpg
2016PIG02 002 copy.jpg (230.35 KiB) Viewed 608 times
Sorry about the quality of the photo, the forum has a file size limit of 256kB so it had to be severely compressed :cry:

Q :geek:

Austin Wilcock

Post by Austin Wilcock » Sun May 22, 2016 8:07 pm

Looking good guys, ave speed awesome, I'm usually struggling to make 16mph on my summer bike
keep it up
:D

Quentin Field-Boden

Post by Quentin Field-Boden » Sun May 22, 2016 9:18 pm

Austin Wilcock wrote:Looking good guys, ave speed awesome, I'm usually struggling to make 16mph on my summer bike
keep it up :D
You should try it Austin, you may well surprise yourself. Disciplined, collaborative riding can be surprisingly efficient and the routes I'm using always have bail out options. One of the riders from yesterday rode the fastest (non race or TT) 50 miles he has ever ridden which was terrific. That said the main thing is not the average speed but very much the experience of riding together for a common goal and t's very much a learning process. Not good rides for enjoying the scenery but the social side of things is before and afterwards!

Q :ugeek: