Manchester regional track league

Race news and results for the Vags Race Team
Graham Tubby

Manchester regional track league

Post by Graham Tubby » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:11 pm

We've not been around much lately, unfortunately this isn't due to hibernation.
Joe enjoyed Chris Bush and co's track league at Middlesborough this summer so much he decided to have a crack at Manchester track league. During the autumn he went through the accreditation process. This meant he could do some SQT (structured quality training) sessions which we decided would be better than going straight into racing indoors. This turned out to be a good move. At 2 hours long they were fairly competitive with a good number of experienced track riders taking part, the fact he never felt out of his depth was a good sign.
Last Friday evening he took part in his first indoor race meeting. Being that it was his first he was put in group 1 (there are 4 groups) along with his mate Hugo from speedflex race team. They both finished in the top 3 in all 5 races with Joe taking a win in the elimination race to go along with 3 second places and a 3rd in the other events.
This Friday they discovered that they'd both been moved straight up into group 2. This turned out to be a bit more competitive, Joe enjoyed it even more. He managed a very convincing win in the 20 lap scratch race but race of the night from a spectators point of view was the elimination race. He was pipped into second by about half a wheel after a flat out last lap sprint racing a lad from East Bradford cc. 4th in the points race and comfortable top tens in the other 2 races rounded the night off.

Pete Hodgson

Re: Manchester regional track league

Post by Pete Hodgson » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:19 pm

Great work young man. Hard work pays off. Super proud of how you have developed as a rider and a great role model for the young Vags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Holywell

Post by Bob Holywell » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:30 pm

Hey Joe, what a super performance, couldn't happen to nicer lad. Keep it up.

Alan Dick

Post by Alan Dick » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:22 am

A great write up Graham. Well done Joe, you're a credit to the club.

Chris Bush

Post by Chris Bush » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:46 pm

Good work Joe-Im hearing good things about you

Sue Jessett

Post by Sue Jessett » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:26 pm

Nice to see & read about this Joe !

Austin Wilcock

Post by Austin Wilcock » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:16 pm

well done Joe, great results
:D

Graham Tubby

Post by Graham Tubby » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:03 pm

I just thought I’d do a little write up on Joes Manchester regional track league exploits. Last night was the third week. He started well on the first week with three 3rd places and a win from his 5 events. This meant he was well and truly a marked man on week 2 and had to work very hard for one 3rd from the 5 races, there or there abouts In the others but not quite in the points. He seemed to get his head around things last night, keeping himself towards the head of the race in all the events and left with second place in the 1k scratch, unknown distance and elimination race. He backed this up with third in the 30 lap points race and 25 lap scratch. 5 top 3s in 5 events, decent!
Joe focused his efforts on preparing himself for track league from mid summer and I just thought it was a good example of how a bit of hard work can pay off.
He got his first taste of track cycling through the go ride sessions at Manchester and discovered a love for track racing at Middlesbrough track league. I would highly recommend any of our young riders having a try.

Alan Holmes

Post by Alan Holmes » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:05 pm

Well done Joe. [emoji468][emoji468][emoji468][emoji468]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick Wild

Post by Nick Wild » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:23 pm

Fantastic results. Well done Joe. Looking forward to more to come.