What a week, by Joe

Race news and results for the Vags Race Team
Graham Tubby

What a week, by Joe

Post by Graham Tubby » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:34 pm

It's been quite a busy few days.
Starting out with last saturday's North East Youth League race, where after a fast and furious hour I finished fifth youth A after the race finished with a bunch sprint.
The following day was Round 1 of the Summercross series held at Thorneyford Farm. This would be my final few races as a youth in cyclocross. The course was dry and fast, but very bumpy, resulting in many people (including me) dropping chains at one point or another during the race. I was pleased to finish in 3rd place, after avoiding the many crashes that took place on the first lap.
The highlight of the week came on friday, where I represented the North East in the Prudential Ride London Grand Prix, which was held at the Lee Valley Velo park in the Olympic Village. It was definitely a step up from the local races, and after keeping in the bunch and averaging just above 26mph I was very happy to finish in 21st. The circuit was the best one I've ever ridden, with a couple of short steep climbs and an excellent surface. The motorcycle mounted cameraman and big screen showing the race added to the experience and atmosphere.
I was still buzzing on sunday morning when I lined up for the second round of the Summercross series, where I took the win (which had absolutely nothing to do with the fact a couple of the fast lads were away at a mountain bike event).
On days between these races I managed to fit in an excellent regional road coaching session with Pete Hodgson, a track accreditation session and one of Chris Bush's brilliant track coaching sessions at Middlesborough Velodrome. Today I put my feet up! :D

Pete Hodgson

Re: What a week, by Joe

Post by Pete Hodgson » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:43 pm

Well done Joe cracking week on a bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ker Morgan

Post by Ker Morgan » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:53 pm

Blimey I'm tired just reading that - well done Joe. Great week of riding. Onwards & upwards. Ker

Alex Mason

Post by Alex Mason » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:35 am

That made such good reading, Joe ! It sounds like you're having loads of fun doing something that many of us can only dream about, and getting good results while you're at it! I dare say you'll not be the only one in 'Team Tubby' to be enjoying a day with the feet up after all that rushing about...

Roger Clarke

Post by Roger Clarke » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:52 pm

Fantastic stuff Joe. Congratulations on being selected for the regional team and what a great performance in that race!

Sent using Tapatalk

Paul Rigby

Post by Paul Rigby » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:57 pm

Great effort Joe

Sue Jessett

Post by Sue Jessett » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:11 am

Joe Tubby......watch that space.I wasn`t there for many of the races but at the veledrome you brought smiles to peoples` faces !