North East XC MTB Series- Round 1: Joe's race report

Race news and results for the Vags Race Team
Graham Tubby

North East XC MTB Series- Round 1: Joe's race report

Post by Graham Tubby » Sun May 10, 2015 7:05 pm

Written by Joe Tubby.

The first race of the North East XC MTB Series was held today at Hamsterley Forest, which I've never really had a good history with. Still, it was a nice day weather wise, but yesterday's rain was made apparent from the first single track onwards. For a warm-up, I did a lap of the course, and it wasn't easy. I wasn't a particularly big fan of the course, and with twenty minutes before the start I was having some doubts; I was racing with the adults, as U16 boys do, and I would be racing for an hour. Still, though, I managed to make up my mind and went over to the start line. We were gridded according to age groups, but it didn't make me look like any less of a tricycle beside motorbikes. When the race began, I felt fairly good. I rode what I thought was a good twenty minutes before I began to drag a little bit. By the time I was on my second lap I could feel my legs hurting a bit, from effort and the rock that took me down on lap one. Never have I been so happy to be lapped by anybody, as I didn't feel up to another twenty odd minute lap. Still though, overall I felt quite happy with my race. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series. :D

Roger Clarke

Re: North East XC MTB Series- Round 1: Joe's race report

Post by Roger Clarke » Tue May 12, 2015 9:47 pm

Great stuff Joe - stick in there with the racing! And excellent report - keep them coming so we know how you are getting on.

Thinking we need to add an MTB section to the forum...

Alan Holmes

Post by Alan Holmes » Wed May 13, 2015 9:58 am

Well done Joe. Keep it up.
Great to see the club being represented across so many different disciplines... and a well written report

Bob Holywell

Post by Bob Holywell » Wed May 13, 2015 5:35 pm

A brave effort Joe, keep it up. :thumbup: