Craig takes on Scotland.

Race news and results for the Vags Race Team
Graeme Gow

Craig takes on Scotland.

Post by Graeme Gow » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:11 pm

It finally happened and Craig raced in his homeland. It is billed as the best CX race in Scotland, which probably isn't too far from the truth.
It was however a freezing cold day due to the howling gale which got up just after lunch. The race was 150 strong with all ages from junior to V50 and ladies all on the start line together.
Craig had a great start and came past me in 28th position. Due to the fact it was a TLI event it was supposed to be a 1 hr event. Unfortunately it went on somewhat longer and Craig ended up racing for 1hr 18 minutes without being lapped by Scotland's best CX riders . Each lap was 3.4km long so a real race of attrition.
In the end Craig was 27th overall and 3rd Junior.
Another great race for Craig and a great flag flying exercise for the Vags.

Nick Wild

Re: Craig takes on Scotland.

Post by Nick Wild » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:20 pm

Well done Craig - sounds like a tough race.

Incidentally if you fancy some more North of the border action see link to Junior Series - there`s one in Fife if you`re not revising in early June.

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/juniorroadseries

Nick

Bob Holywell

Post by Bob Holywell » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:34 pm

Another top result for Craig in what was a really tough CX. :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

You just wonder at this rate of improvement how good he's going to get. I can only visualise your chest getting larger and larger and near bursting with pride at his forthcoming achievements.

Keep up the good work young man. ;)

Gary Enever

Post by Gary Enever » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:42 pm

Well done, sounds like hell, but that seems to be CX............

Alex Mason

Craig takes on Scotland.

Post by Alex Mason » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:49 pm

Having seen Craig recently belting round the course at South Shields, it doesn't surprise me that he's doing well elsewhere.... but this CX race sounded like a hell of a challenge and he's clearly more than up to it. Well done to him and to Graeme and Eileen for all the support they give. Chapeau!

Alan Holmes

Post by Alan Holmes » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:08 pm

Graeme, Craig will soon be beating you :lol:
Well done Craig

Graeme Gow

Post by Graeme Gow » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:16 pm

Alan, he's been destroying me since the race at Kirkley. He regularly takes 50 seconds per lap out of me now. I think he beat me by 3 or more minutes in the club champs.