Adam shaves his legs.

Race news and results for the Vags Race Team
Nick Wild

Adam shaves his legs.

Post by Nick Wild » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:25 pm

I`ve done a lot of personal caring for Adam over the last 17 years but I never foresaw helping to shave his legs over a hotel bath, as we did last Friday night. Still it seems to have paid off in the National Junior Circuit Championship in Leicestershire today. He came 3rd overall , just 2 seconds off second place and less than a minute behind the winner. This was a significant improvement on his National 25 when he was about 4 mins behind the same riders he faced this weekend. I doubt even the Specialized researchers would put all that down to his new streamlined pins however - his determined training is still paying dividends. He even managed to overhaul Dame Sarah Storey this time.

His final National is the Hill Climb at the end of October.

John Warrington

Re: Adam shaves his legs.

Post by John Warrington » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:35 pm

I TOLD YOU NICK!!!!!!!!!!! Big aero advantages with SMOOTH legs. All male Vags who race should do it. And the lasses, come to think of it. :)

Seriously good effort from Adam there. Sarah Storey is very very fast. If Adam can beat her at his young age, then the future looks bright for him indeed. Chapeau.

Going to have to re-double my efforts to beat the young fella next year ;)
Last edited by John Warrington on Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Warrington

Post by John Warrington » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:46 pm

I've just seen the results:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cycling- ... 03?fref=nf

I didn't realise HOW MUCH Adam beat Sarah Storey by. By miles. And he beat James Falconer who I understand is quick. What a result. Very good indeed.

And if you look at Adam's result compared to Matt Langworthy in this race, then see where Matt came in the junior's National 10, then you can see how close Adam would be to the pointy end of the National 10 with his shaved legs! I'd say within 40 seconds. Exciting stuff.
Last edited by John Warrington on Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chris Ellaby

Post by Chris Ellaby » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:59 pm

Excellent result! Best of luck for the National HC.

Nick Wild

Post by Nick Wild » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:10 pm

Thanks for your interest and encouragement. These events, along with the National 10 that Adam was away for make up the Chris Boardman Trophy which Tim brought home last year. That`s way out of reach for Adam this year as it will go to the rider with at most 7 points against them on current standings and Adam now has 11, but with a bit of luck Adam hopes to bring it back to the club in 2015.

Bob Holywell

Post by Bob Holywell » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:55 am

Well done Adam, a fantastic result. As you say all that dedicated training along with those streamlined (and obviously lighter) pins of his is paying dividends. Oh and of course the occasional Sunday club run. ;) ;) :thumbup: :clap:

Roger Clarke

Post by Roger Clarke » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:59 pm

Excellent result as others have said.

I believe Adam also kept rather quiet about setting a new junior 10 club record in the TWFRS 10 a week ago with a 21:26! :clap:

Angela Hibbs

Post by Angela Hibbs » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:27 pm

awesome effort adam! (and Nick for supporting and driving him there!...he wouldnt be able to get there if it wasnt for you and your support too!)

i sometimes worry that some of you guys have cleaner and more shaved legs than us women!

i just want to make sure that Adam has actually shaved all of the leg hair off and not Tim Wilcock's effort of only up to the thigh...when he showed the group that in mallorca, i feel i may never recover! All or nothing!

Adam Hogarth

Post by Adam Hogarth » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:48 pm

:o :thumbup: :thumbup: Extremely impressive ride. Well done Adam, I know you've trained hard for every second of that. What a talent.

Alan Dick

Post by Alan Dick » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:24 pm

I'll add my congratulations on another fantastic result for Adam - if your leg-shaving technique is that good Nick you may start to get a few commissions.

Angela - there is a more recent theory that you should only shave half your legs for a more aero effect, so Tim was obviously applying that. Where he went wrong is that the half you shave is the front half, leaving the back unshaven.... not sure that's gonna help your mental image.