Generally at least three social rides on quiet Northumberland roads to local cafes for lunch.
***This time of year mud guards and lights (not flashing and low beam) are mandatory.
I am pleased to announce Wallington Hall is back on our café list and this is our first visit for 2 years, the management team at Wallington are looking forward to welcoming us and it's a great destination for us.
NB. There are some basic ground rules we must follow for this to be a success.
1. All riders must go to the admissions desk to get a voucher, this allows you to enter without paying - no ticket = no service. We can cut through the coach park in front of the gate (rather than going around the main entrance road)
2. National Trust members please present your membership card.
3. There is a bike rack at admissions but a lock is advised.
4. All cyclists must dismount after admissions down the main path to the café - No Exceptions.
5. We can put our bikes against the stone staircase at the front of the café, this is not a large space and everyone needs to be considerate to other riders and the other café visitors.
6. They will keep the breakfast menu available for us (normally finishes 11.30) but only if they know we are visiting them, in other words all Ride Leaders need to let them know you are going, time and numbers. if you just turn up it will be a lunch menu.
As with most things its all about communication and I'm sure there will be a learning period. Please remember you are representing our club.
As yet I have no rides to offer but I'm sure we will get a lot of interest so please check back at the end of the week once we have our Ride Leader volunteers, if you would like to volunteer please drop me a line (if not on the ride leader messenger board)
To help you choose the right ride see the thresholds below, if unsure please underestimate then move up, this will hopefully give you a much better experience. If you struggle at the higher pace of these rides please do not attempt them until you develop you’re fitness, this helps make it enjoyable for you and the group.
Please tell your ride leader if you have never or rarely ride in a group.
C1 – ~12 mph (11.5-12.5 mph)
C2 - ~ 13 mph (12.5 - 13.5mph)
C3 – ~14 mph (13.5-14.5 mph)
C4 – ~15 mph (14.5-15.5 mph)
C5 – ~17 mph (16.5-17.5 mph)
(C denotes Café Ride T denotes Training Ride)
In all cases no rider is ever dropped, left behind or pushed beyond their limits. (Not including Training Rides, you must be able to find your own way home if you can not keep to the pace)
**Club kit preferred if you have it.
Starts from Sam's Café, Ponteland
If unsure of anything on the day please ask for any of the ride leaders.
We look forward to seeing you.