Saturday 11 July 2020, 10:00 - 14:00
This repeat is an exception to the normal repeat pattern
Contact Adrian Snell
Tyneside Vagabonds Saturday Club Ride Returns. July 11th.
Meeting place - Thorneyford Farm Kirkley
Wheels away - 10am.
Cafe - Matfen Village Shop
I checked Strava, my last club ride was March 14th and marked it as a “great ride”. Who would have thought that was the last Saturday club ride for 17 weeks...
So it gives the committee great pleasure to announce the return of our Saturday Club Rides after 17 long weeks this Saturday. As you can appreciate we need to do this carefully with very clear lines of communication. We don’t want to take the fun from our rides, what would be the point of riding? We do however need to ask everyone to do their part and follow our guidelines set out below, these will be kept under review. That way we all know what to expect.
1. We need all riders to commit by 2pm Friday and state preferred pace, the available paced rides are 13mph, 15mph or 17+ average over rolling terrain for 30 miles. Having this commitment also helps with contact tracing. Unfortunately “I may be there” will not be taken as commitment.
2. For any ride to go ahead with a ride leader we need to have a minimum of 3 and maximum of 5 per group (excluding the leader) Less than 3 riders and unfortunately we will not provide a ride leader. We will confirm the rides available Friday night. For Saturday 11th we have Terry Mole and Alan Dick volunteer for the 13mph and 15mph. Thank you guys
3. Anybody turning up in the morning unannounced may not get a ride if groups have the maximum number of 6.
4. The cafe stop is alfresco, inclement weather may mean we don’t stop so it is wise to bring some sustenance, we will of course reduce the distance of the ride should we need to, check the forecast.
5. All riders need to be comfortable with the risk, someone may be asymptomatic please take all precautions necessary.
6. Finally, please respect your fellow riders and members of the public and take 5 minutes to read the guidance from BC posted on Facebook and the website. Please note we have decided to ride in groups of 6 reviewed ongoing.